NetGuard is a firewall application that allows you to block internet access for individual apps on your Android device. Unlike many other firewall applications, NetGuard does not require root access to work, which means you can use it on any Android device without having to root your phone.
NetGuard works by creating a virtual private network (VPN) on your device that filters all incoming and outgoing network traffic. When an app tries to access the internet, NetGuard intercepts the request and checks its rules to see whether the app is allowed to access the internet or not.
To use NetGuard, you will first need to download and install it from the Google Play Store. Once installed, open the app and you will see a list of all the apps installed on your device. By default, all apps will have internet access enabled, but you can change this by tapping on an app’s name and then toggling the switch next to “Wi-Fi” and/or “Mobile data” to disable internet access for that app.
NetGuard also allows you to create custom rules for each app. To create a custom rule, tap on the app’s name and then tap on “Settings.” From there, you can create rules to allow or block access to specific IP addresses, ports, or domains.
In addition to blocking internet access for individual apps, NetGuard also has a number of other features, including the ability to block ads, protect your privacy by blocking tracking requests, and reduce your data usage by blocking background data.
Overall, NetGuard is a great firewall application that is easy to use and doesn’t require root access. If you want to take control of your Android device’s internet access, NetGuard is definitely worth checking out.
A simple way to block access to the internet per application
NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet – no root required.
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
• reduce your data usage
• save your battery
• increase your privacy
• Simple to use
• No root required
• 100% open source
• No calling home
• No tracking or analytics
• No advertisements
• Actively developed and supported
• Android 5.1 and later supported
• IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
• Tethering supported
• Optionally allow when screen on
• Optionally block when roaming
• Optionally block system applications
• Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
• Optionally record network usage per application per address
• Material design theme with light and dark theme
• Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
• Allow/block individual addresses per application
• New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
• Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
• Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version